A definitive and comprehensive build guide for anyone wanting to build an upgradeable £300 Gaming PC in early 2020.
- 4 cores, 4 threads, 3.6Ghz base clock, 4GHz boost clock, 65W TDP
- Compatible with 500 & 400 chipset Series AM4 motherboards
- Wraith Stealth Cooler included in the box
- 64-bit quad-core entry-level performance x86 desktop microprocessor introduced by AMD in mid 2019
- This processor is based on AMD’s Zen+ microarchitecture and is fabricated on a 12nm process
- Supports 3rd gen AMD Ryzen/Ryzen with Radeon Vega graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon Graphics
- Socket AM4: Processors supported
- Supports DDR4 memory, up to 3466+(OC) MHz
- DDR4 Boost: Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best performance and stability
- Turbo M.2: Running at PCI-E Gen3 x4 maximizes performance for NVMe based SSDs
- Capacity: 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4 kit
- Base Frequency: PC4-17000 (2133MHz); Tested frequency: PC4-25600 (3200MHz); Tested Timings: 16-18-18-36; voltage: 1.35V
- Feature overclock: XMP 2.0 support for automatic overclocking
- Compatibility: tested across the latest Intel and AMD platforms for reliable and fast performance
- Format: Non-ECC Unbuffered DIMM; pin out: 288-pin
- Improved performance for everyday computing: With the performance boost from a WD Green SATA SSD, you can browse the web, play a game, or simply start your system in a flash
- Solid state reliability: Lightweight and shock resistant, WD Green SSDs use no moving parts and help keep your data safe from loss in the case of accidental bumps and drops
- Less power. More play : WD Green SSDs are among the lowest power consuming drives in the industry.
- WD Blue drives are designed, tested and built to last, and ships with a 2-year limited warranty
- Form Factor: 3.5 inch
- Depth: 14.7 cm, Height: 2.54 cm
- Buffer Size: 64MB
- Device Type: Hard drive – internal
- Capacity: 1 TB
- 80 PLUS efficiency: Runs cooler and uses less power than non-certified power supplies
- 3-year warranty: Backed by CORSAIR’s legendary technical support and customer service
- Black housing, cable sleeves and connectors: Give your build the high-end look without breaking the bank
- Thermally controlled 120mm fan: Quiet operation across a wide range of loads
- Designed for gamers, perforated top panel build for easy heat dissipation and rapid air intake for maximum ventilation. The heighten foot-stands at the bottom help to enhance airflow.
- Tool-free Installation – Innovative 5.25″ & 3.5″ tool-free drive bay design minimized the hassles of installing/removing. Dual drive bay concept “1 + 2”, a perfect ratio for accessory and storage devices.
- The cable routing gap provides easy cable management, hiding cables behind motherboard tray. Additionally, with cable routing gap, wiring tangled problem no longer exists, followed by better airflow as well as dust management.
Alternative Micro-ATX Case Options
Potential Future Upgrades
Addtional Components and Peripherals that you may need…
Aftermarket CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Keyboard and Mouse Bundle: HAVIT LED Backlit Keyboard & Mouse Combo Set
Optical (CD/DVD) Drive: Asus DRW-24D5MT DVD Super Multi DL Black Internal Optical Disc Drive
Feel free to leave any comments here, or on the video itself. Please use our links here to purchase what you need, it seriously helps a lot!
Post by: Toby Jagmohan – Founder
tEdits – Create. Inspire. Enjoy.
1 January 2020